Saturday 31 December 2011

last post of 2011.

The last week has absoutely flown by, and I can't believe that now it's the last day of 2011. I always get rather miserable and nostalgic about the New Year and I do hate it, especially the seemingly required expectation to have fun. Which I never do... Anyway. Christmas has absoutely whizzed by, and has been full of ups and downs, but it's over now, as is this year. It's gone by so quickly, as have the last few months have gone. It all feels just like yesterday. Trying to think back on the last year and what I've done and what has happened. I don't want to get all reflective and nostalgic here, but I thought I would post and well, I don't really know what I wanted to say. I suppose it's that want to post something to acknowledge Christmas and the New Year.

The last week as always has whizzed by - it's that strange week in between Christmas and New Year where you eat a lot, hide inside, and in my case start reading all the hundreds of wondeful books I got for Christmas (which also meant I neglected twitter etc, not necessarily a bad thing, it was nice to have a break really). I also was able to enjoy the Doctor Who and Downton Abbey Christmas specials, which I thought were absoutely brilliant and marvellous. Good old Christmas TV. I saw friends which was lovely as wonderful and drank tonnes of tea (also usual). I started work again though a couple of days ago (after a sudden panic that I had an exam in two weeks) and wrote the first draft of the story I need to hand in which made me happy and feel like I have begun to achieved something. I think I can be quite harsh on myself... I can't say that I'm feeling all that refreshed but I have read some books I've been looking forward to reading for a while which made me very happy and excited. I also received a kindle for Christmas, and I am very excited to start using that properly (although there is no way I'm abandoning real books, but it's nice to have both options, and it means less books to carry around all the time... well, maybe....). I'm hoping next year will bring plenty more wonderful books to read and lots and lots of writing, among other things. I also hope to keep this blog going, and I wanted to say a hello to any new readers... I hope you stick with me, as I hope I stick with this!

I feel like there are lots of things I want to and should say but I can't quite at this moment put them into words so before I start babbling on anymore, I think I should say a belated Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year. I hope the next year is wonderful for everyone. Goodbye 2011; hello 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment