Tuesday 19 March 2013

We Like March

I can't believe where this term is going! It only seems like yesterday that I sat down to write that blog post about meeting JK Rowling, but it is already a week ago! It's crazy.

Things have been busy. I only have two seminars left (!) this academic year, which is mad and I'm sad to see this module come to an end. I'm looking forward to having May (once I've done the assigment for this module) onwards to work on my WIPs though, and being able to focus on getting lots done. I've learnt so much this year, I'm so glad I've done this course (another year to go! Whoop).

In writing news, I've been busy editing and working on various things. I've put George aside for now (have done so many edits on that story!), and am working on the other one I've been editing and revising recently.

I worked with some kids this week, on a creative writing course, that was based around Spring, and the tutor got them to learn this poem by Emily Dickinson:


We like March, his shoes are purple,
He is new and high;
Makes he mud for dog and peddler,
Makes he forest dry;
Knows the adder's tongue his coming,
And begets her spot.
Stands the sun so close and mighty
That our minds are hot.
News is he of all the others;
Bold it were to die
With the blue-birds buccaneering
On his British sky.
I adore it! Except, when I read it now, I read it in a way that is like kids reciting a poem! I really need to go read some more Emily Dickinson.

What else? I'm off to Fowey tomorrow for a semi - spontaneous trip with my aunt (yippeeeeeeeee) - favourite place ever and I'm SO VERY excited! Such an inspiring, wonderful amazing place! So excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment