Friday 1 March 2013

An Ode to Spring

Spring is round the corner and I couldn't have been more delighted. Spring, closely followed by Summer is my favourite time of year. I hate winter. I hate being cold and ill and the early dark nights and everything looking so dead. The beginning of March definitely hails the beginning of Spring and brighter times (maybe it's always helped that it's my birthday on the 2nd.... ahh, I'm getting old!!).

I just love Spring though. I love that the days begin to get longer, that it's light past five o'clock and light first thing in the morning. I love that it begins to get warmer. I love that new life begins. I love all the spring flowers. Daffodils and primroses and bluebells. They are my favourite flowers ever. Maybe it's something to do with having grown up in the countryside and on a farm, but I love the time of year when they all appear. I love walking through bluebell woods, with a carpet of bluebells.

Here's some lovely pictures for you, from a few years ago (I think.. the album on my computer just says 'Spring at home'): 






See! That's why I love it so much <3 Dreaming of walking through bluebell woods now....

And then spring leads onto wonderful summer, which is full of swimming, and tshirts and bare feet and long long lazy days and sitting outside reading and writing and watching Wimbledon and bbqs and fresh veg and fruit from the garden and STRAWBERRIES and TOMATOES and beautiful days (and we're in England so rainy days but still). SEE. IT'S AMAZING. I really am a country girl at heart aren't I?!

I think this is probably why I set most of my stories in the summer. Because to me it's a happy time, full of lazy lovely days and fun times and its warm and lovely and just splendid. I rarely write anything set in the winter. Weird really.

Bring on the Spring!

Pinch, Punch, First of the month to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment