Sunday 15 July 2012

Second Chance Summer


You know sometimes when you just need an afternoon reading?? Well yesterday afternoon I ended up sitting in bed for a few hours just reading soldily, apart fromt he breaks for tea of course, but even they were scarce.

The book that kept me so gripped?

Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson.

I loved Amy and Rodger’s Epic Detour so when I saw this one on the library shelf (obsessively using our local libraries at home at the minute, I have stacks of books from them. I love it), I had to get it out despite the pile I already had! And I’m so glad I did. I adored it. I didn’t really know what to expect, a nice summer novel maybe, but it wasn’t necessarily something I had been anticipating.

It was a nice summer novel. But it was more than that. It was fantastic. It made me sob, properly, without really thinking about it it just did, and laugh too and smile and everything, and it was just so WONDERFUL. I loved Taylor. I loved Henry. I loved Taylor’s family. I loved their lake house (I want one, and I want summers like that). As always there were some American things I didn’t get, but it was so wonderfully written and it was so weird what was relevant. I don’t want to give the plot away, but it became a book about loss, second chances, family and love. And it was so wonderful. I’m still thinking about it, now. And I adored the cover. It’s so pretty (the UK one).

I think I’m going to have to read it again.

(also posted on my tumblr in case you notice...)

No comments:

Post a Comment