Well, January has been and gone! Who can believe it?
This post is a little late *cough*, considering it's already a few days in February, but I thought I would get this up anyway.
January was the month of many exciting book releases. Some of the best books that I read this month include:
1. The Art of Being Normal by Lisa Williamson
2. All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven
3. Five Children on the Western Front by Kate Saunders (this wasn't new this month, but it was to me, and incidentally, this book won the Costa Children's Book of the Year prize!).
Plus, these books got released at the end of the month, so they can be included in this post:
1. Arsenic for Tea by Robin Stevens (adored, but technically I read it in February....)
2. All Fall Down by Ally Carter (ditto)
3. The Sin-Eater's Daughter by Melinda Salisbury
4. I Was Here by Gayle Forman
Writing wise, I have been busy, and my star chart (which has gone amazingly well for the first month is very busy and full. I managed to rewrite and add lots of new chapters to my MG story, Nowhere House, plus I continued to edit my YA, Sweet Little Lies. And, I managed to do some other writing while I was away, which was great and very freeing! So a good writing and editing month on the whole. A good start to the year!
And now onto a new month (since I took this picture it has already begun to fill up, I promise):
January saw a trip to Fowey, which was amazing and I had the best time. I'd never been in January, but I loved it. See some pictures here. Plus, I graduated.
I also joined the gym, so you know, that's good as well. It's certainly been a busy - and good - month.
This month, I'll get up the end of the month post a little sooner.... Have a good February everyone!