Friday 21 February 2014

Dreams and Ramblings

It's funny how things fall into place, especially when you least expect it. Not even a year ago I tried out windsurfing for the first time. And since then, I've been absolutely hooked. It's changed my life, and I adore it.

Recently I found an old post on my Livejournal (ha!) from a few years ago, saying that I wished I had the courage to try out windsurfing, and get over my fear of the sea. And here I am, a few years later having done that. Strange how things turn out isn't it? I never thought I would be so keen! And I was thinking earlier that it was strange that I did ballet for 10 years, and although I was never that good, it taught me a lot, and some of the things I learnt are oddly relevant to windsurfing - the balance, the feet, all of that. Weird how you don't know how something you do when you're little will affect you or benefit you later on!

Anyway, so while I'm itching to get back on the water again, and dreaming of longer, sunny days, and with my birthday around the corner once again, I was thinking about other things I want to do, or wish I could try out in the immediate future.

Unsurprisingly, most of these things involve the sea - I'd love to try out surfing, especially while I'm still in the West Country, because it's so iconic, and I'd love to have at least tried it. I'd also love to try out paddleboarding. I'd also love to visit more places in both Devon and Cornwall, while I'm still down here. It suddenly feels as if I don't have long left here, and even though I want to live here for good one day, I know that's not in the immediate future, as I work out just what it is I'm doing (and that's another separate list of dreams and wishes I won't write here!!).

I think I wrote last year about trying out things that scare you, and I suppose this is an extension of that. I overcame so much last year, and so many good things happened because of that.

I also want to plan a trip to the Du Maurier/Fowey Festival trip this year. Last year was amazing, and I want to do all that again. As I wrote before, my beloved Fowey has been rather battered recently, and I'm longing to visit again. But with no train links at the moment, I'm a bit stuck.

Since watching the Winter Olympics (something I've never really been into before), I've become a huge fan of snowboarding. That's another thing that I think it would be cool to try one day. I know right - me, who hates snow with a passion. But then, I used to be terrified of going into the ocean, so who knows! Although, I think windsurfing is where my passion lies. It's all about water and the sea, and I adore the coast <3

I'm planning a trip home for my birthday this year, as I think I've had like two birthdays at home in the last ten years - crazy I know. I'm looking forward to it, it'll be nice. I can't believe that time of the year has come around so quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment