Wednesday 15 May 2013

Things that Scare You

The wonderful Jamie blogged a couple of weeks ago about opening up and doing the things that scare you. It is a wonderfully honest and inspiring post that I totally relate to and one that you should read (she also blogged the other day about Mother's Day and losing her mother and this was another totally brave post and one I related to so much).

Jamie posts a list of things she wants to do even though they scare her, and I thought this was a wonderful idea.

There are so many things that scare me and so many things I want do. Some are more general, some are specific. 

1.Try windsurfing.
2. Go abroad again.
3. Paris.
4. Do more spontaneous things by myself. Like go to Fowey.
5.Start saying yes to things.
6. Start saying no to things I really don't want to do.
7. Step out of my comfort zone from time to time. Sure I love my routine, but there are many lost chances for things.
8. Start asking for what I want and don't be so damn scared to ask for things.

I am sure there are more things, but that's the start of my list. And I am jumping in with a couple of these this week - I am taking myself off to Fowey for the end of the du Maurier festival tomorrow, and camping (ah!) and I may even try windsurfing while I'm there. Hell yeah. I'm so excited, and wondering why I didn't do this years ago, you know? I hate being too scared to do anything, and part of it is feeling like I need other people's approval before I do anything. So excited!

I decided the other day that I will be one of those old women who goes on holiday alone, and sits in hotel lobbies/restaurants etc alone.. then I realised I am kind of there already!

Here's to doing things that scare you, even if they're only tiny.

2 comments:

  1. I think everyone should do things that scare them sometimes. It feels great to accomplish those things!

    I wish I knew about Fowey before, I might have been able to make a trip if I'd had more time to get organised!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! It really does!

      Ah no, I'm sorry :( Well I'm there all weekend :p and I'm always looking for good excuses to go down there so..... xxx

      Delete